Re: [nslu2-general] WD HDD via the NSLU2

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18, 2007
      On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 00:57 -0700, leighv wrote:

      > I cannot seem to change security settings of folders under Windows
      > while I have attached my hdd to my NSLU2. If I connect it to my pc
      > directly, it works fine. Is there a reason? Can I change this? How?

      Do you use ntfs?

      Linux doesn't support security settings on a ntfs disk.

      Otherwise there are some possibilities to map some windows
      security settings to the posix security settings.

      --
      marceln
    • leighv
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 18, 2007
        Hi

        Thanks. Can you enlighten me re: POSIX?

        Many thanks. Leigh.

        Marcel Nijenhof wrote:

        > On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 00:57 -0700, leighv wrote:
        >

        >> I cannot seem to change security settings of folders under Windows
        >> while I have attached my hdd to my NSLU2. If I connect it to my pc
        >> directly, it works fine. Is there a reason? Can I change this? How?
        >
        > Do you use ntfs?
        >
        > Linux doesn't support security settings on a ntfs disk.
        >
        > Otherwise there are some possibilities to map some windows
        > security settings to the posix security settings.
        >
        > --
        > marceln

      • Marcel Nijenhof
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 18, 2007

          http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/AccessControls.html

          --
          marceln
        • leighv
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 19, 2007
            Hi - so I have to install this on the NSLU2? How time consuming is this? How
            easy is it to then apply security settings to the disk?

            Thanks in advance.