adding new package to ipkg depot

  • babelslug
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2007
      Hi folks.
      Can somebody help me add a package to the ipkg depot please? It is
      the 'carwhisperer' bluetooth package. I'm using it in a little spoken-
      language translator project called Babelslug (http://
      www.shapeseeker.com/babelslug) I'm working on just now and it would
      be nicer to have the program in the depot rather than have to provide
      a pre-compiled binary separately.
      It's easy to build, just a single C program file. Currently I use
      the the bluez-hcidump package as a container for building it for the
      slug. (replacing src/hcidump.c with carwhisperer.c to get a hcidump/
      carwhisperer binary). Also it would be good to get the program using
      libbluetooth.so.1 instead of libbluetootth.so.2 (I symlink the second
      to the first to get things working just now)

      It's a useful little program to have around for doing Bluetooth
      experiments with the slug in any case I think so making it easily
      available would be a good thing.

      Thanks,
      Brian.
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2007
        On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 18:06 +0000, babelslug wrote:

        > Can somebody help me add a package to the ipkg depot please?

        To which depot?
        What is the problem?
        Did you read the following pages?

        Unslung/optware: