Debian/NSLU2 and NTFS

  • mike.ironport
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 9:46 AM

      I'm new to the slug. I'm amazed debian runs on a $50 machine.

      I did have some questions.

      1) Can an NTFS external usb hard drive be mounted read/write?
      Should I use ntfs-3g? If so, how do I install it?

      My understanding is ntfs is not stable doing high capacity I/O
      on the slug and doesn't have user/group file permissions which
      I think I can live with.

      I read the NTFS FAQ but it seems directed at Unslung and SlugOS
      and not debian/nslu2 so wasn't as helpful as I had hoped.

      2) Is there documentation on how to cross compile for debian/nslu2?
      Looked but only found the cross-compile doc for OpenDebianSlug:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/DebianSlug/CrossCompiling

      3) Can the ipkg packages be used by debian/nslu2. Yeah it's
      a newbie question and the answer is
      probably no but I wanted to double check.

      My system:
      root@sysmatlab3# uname -a
      Linux sysmatlab3 2.6.18-4-ixp4xx #1 Tue Mar 27 18:01:56 BST 2007
      armv5tel GNU/Linux

      Thanks!
      Mike