ipkg update

  • Siles Bazerman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2007
      I get the following error message with ipkg update using eitheer
      telnet or putty.

      weget: ipkg.nslu2-linux.org: Host name lookup failure
      An error occurred, return value: 5.

      all subsequent items fail with error value 1

      What do I do to fix this? Firewall seems OK.

      TIA
      Siles
    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2007
        Define a DNS server for your NSLU2.

        If you are running Unslung, you set that in the Linksys admin web pages, if
        SlugOS (OpenSlug) then you would define this in either the typical way (edit
        /etc/resolv.conf) or use "turnup init".

        Mike (mwester)

        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2007
          Mike (mwester) wrote:
          > Define a DNS server for your NSLU2.
          >
          > If you are running Unslung, you set that in the Linksys admin web pages, if
          > SlugOS (OpenSlug) then you would define this in either the typical way (edit
          > /etc/resolv.conf) or use "turnup init".
          >
          > Mike (mwester)

          That worked. Thanks

          Siles