Using Nslu2 as Wind sensor with parts from usb old ball-mouse

  • sfejannej
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2007
      Hi,
      I'm building a wind sensor (wind speed and direction) using the nslu2,
      and one old usb ball mouse. The X- axis will be driven by an small
      propeller, and the Y-axis will get data fron the wind direction.

      My question:
      Have anybody ever connected a mouse to a nslu2? I looked in the
      "gmesg" and it just said:
      hub.c: new USB device 00:01.0-1, assigned address 5
      Device descriptor:8 bytes received.
      Device descriptor:18 bytes received.
      usb.c: USB device 5 (vend/prod 0x4d9/0x1400) is not claimed by any
      active driver.

      I have installed the complete "unslung-devel", but it there an ARM
      linux mouse driver I can download and compile?

      ..or better, is there an ready done just to ipkg install?

      Cheers
      janne@...