Having NEW problems with turnup

  • oabroad
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2007
      I tried this

      root@zebidee:~# turnup disk /dev/sda1 -i -f -o noatime
      /sbin/turnup: umounting any existing mount of /dev/mtdblock4
      umount: /tmp/rootfs.1518: not mounted
      turnup disk: /dev/sda1(/tmp/rootfs.1518): umount does not seem to work
      turnup disk: /dev/sda1(-i -f -o noatime): unable to mount device
      on /tmp/rootfs.1518

      and this:

      root@zebidee:~# turnup memstick /dev/sda1 -i -f
      /sbin/turnup: umounting any existing mount of /dev/mtdblock4
      umount: /tmp/rootfs.1389: not mounted
      turnup disk: /dev/sda1(/tmp/rootfs.1389): umount does not seem to work
      turnup disk: /dev/sda1(-i -f -o noatime): unable to mount device
      on /tmp/rootfs.1389

      I can't see what's wrong, I've definitely used this "Stick" before
      without problems, I've tried repartitioning in Ubuntu or directly on
      the slug, to no avail.

      I have tried reflashing openslug. No change.

      This is new to me, I had three "sticks" I was switching between. I
      think I will try copying the partition from a working stick and see
      if that boots.
    • oabroad
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2007
        Update: Copying the partition from an old drive worked but it's left me
        with an install with a lot of "dead wood" as the partition I copied is
        my old test platform from last year with a number of packages on it
        that I no longer want.

        Maybe I'll try to turnup to a different disk?