Re: jm20337 chipset incompatable w/ NSLU2?

  • oabroad
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 2007
      I had a problem with a Freecom external drive, though it was about two
      years back so it probably no longer applies. Not just the Slug, it just
      wouldn't "Talk Linux". I've tried Ubuntu, Knoppix and a Linkstation,
      actually about the only thing I haven't tried is openslug. I'd try it
      but after the two enclosures were stripped of their drives one was
      ditched and the other is now wrapped round an old PC hard drive while
      someone was "retrieving their old files". Two years later and it's
      still gathering dust on his desk. If I get it back I'll ID the chip on
      it and try it on openslug and unslung.
    • Jeff Costantino
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2007
        You'll definitely know if it's not working right pretty quick. My two
        enclosures (still haven't checked the first drive but I assume it's a
        similar chipset) would mount and I could format the drive but couldn't
        copy anything to them or read from them. The strange part is that they
        stopped being recognized and the Disk 1 light would flash once and
        then never stay lit. As soon as I swapped the enclosure I haven't had
        an issue since.

        Jeff Costantino