LAMP environnement installation and set up

  • mbremaud
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2007
      Hello everybody,

      I have 2 independant questions to ask you concerning NSLU2

      1- is it simple to install and setup an LAMP environnement on NSLU2
      (running on unSLUNG) ?
      do I have to only install php, apache, MySQL and phpmyADMin via "ipkg"
      commands ?
      or is there some tricks ?
      maybe someone knows a tutorial to install, set up, and run a LAMP server

      2- I've installed some packages that in fact I not really use, do you
      know how can I uninstall them ?

      thanks in advance

      Mickey
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2007
        On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 13:16 +0000, mbremaud wrote:
        > Hello everybody,
        >
        > I have 2 independant questions to ask you concerning NSLU2
        >
        > 1- is it simple to install and setup an LAMP environnement on NSLU2
        > (running on unSLUNG) ?
        > do I have to only install php, apache, MySQL and phpmyADMin via "ipkg"
        > commands ?
        > or is there some tricks ?
        > maybe someone knows a tutorial to install, set up, and run a LAMP
        > server

        Did you look at:
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Apache

        But really the first question is do you really want/need to run
        a complete lamp setup. There is only 32 mb of memory so don't
        expext wonders.

        > 2- I've installed some packages that in fact I not really use, do you
        > know how can I uninstall them ?

        ipkg remove <pkg>

        --
        marceln
      • mbremaud
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2007
          Thank you very much,

          The LAMP server I want to set up is only for few people : I think I
          won't have more than 1 simultanous connection !
          But, you're right : with 32MB the LAMP sever will be too slow.
          I will manage with an online hosting !

          thanks for the ipkg remove <pkG> command

          Mickey

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...>