Spam injected into www.nslu2-linux.org's AllRecentChanges page

  • mr_markas
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      To who has the edit password for the AllRecentChanges page,

      Please swing by http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Site/AllRecentChanges
      . Someone has injected some SPAM URLs at the top of the page.

      They also did it do http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/RecentChanges

      Thanks, Markus.
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        mr_markas wrote:
        > To who has the edit password for the AllRecentChanges page,
        >
        > Please swing by http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Site/AllRecentChanges
        > . Someone has injected some SPAM URLs at the top of the page.
        >
        > They also did it do http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/RecentChanges

        Fixed. Interestingly, the AllRecentChanges page is already password
        protected, so I'm not sure how that text was injected (unless the wiki
        password is now in the wild).

        -- Rod
      • mr_markas
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2007
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <rod@...> wrote:

          > mr_markas wrote:
          > > To who has the edit password for the AllRecentChanges page,
          > >
          > > Please swing by http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Site/AllRecentChanges
          > > . Someone has injected some SPAM URLs at the top of the page.
          > >
          > > They also did it do
          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/RecentChanges

          > Fixed. Interestingly, the AllRecentChanges page is already password
          > protected, so I'm not sure how that text was injected (unless the wiki
          > password is now in the wild).
          >
          > -- Rod

          Thanks for the fix.

          Is it possible for them to have created some arbitrary page. Then in
          the comment for major/minor remarks, they place some exceeding long
          entries so it appears in the Recent changes page?

          If so, is there way force a length limit on the change remarks. (This
          might have the adverse effect of leading to more pages of spam to
          insert more sites in the Recent changes pages.

          Just a thought (and I have no idea how the current change remarks
          work.) :-D

          Thanks, Markus.