Re: 2 ext3 formatted drives on usb hub on port1 using unslung 6.8

  • mujjauk
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bayard_e" <bayard_e@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I have been reading the wiki and the different posts for
      information on
      > connecting 2 ext3 drives on a hub thru port 1 and it seemed that it
      is
      > not possible to have more than 2 ext3 drive per port using linksys
      > frimware. Is this still the case if I use unslung 6.8? Or is there
      > work around?
      > Thank you
      > Eric

      With Unslung I had 4 drives connected to a hub on port 2.
      2x 2.5" 80GB EXT3 - powered by hub
      2x 3.5" 300GB NTFS - externally powered

      The only thing you have to check is which disk it seen first by the
      NSLU2 when you startup/reboot as they will be assigned names
      accordingly. e.g. connect all 4 drives and startup the NSLU2, type
      fdisk -l and check which drives have been called /dev/sda1,2,3,4 then
      mount/edit your entries in /etc/fstab to match.