Groups, members and shares?

  • kimo8530
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2007
      Hi is there anybody who knows how you use Groups, members and shares.

      I have tried to share a hdd(Disk1) on the lan without having to login
      each time(without password on), and only a stick(Disk2) on the web
      with ftp and password on. Is that possible.

      Thx.
      Kimo
    • mujjauk
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2007
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kimo8530" <kimo8530@...> wrote:

        > Hi is there anybody who knows how you use Groups, members and shares.
        >
        > I have tried to share a hdd(Disk1) on the lan without having to login
        > each time(without password on), and only a stick(Disk2) on the web
        > with ftp and password on. Is that possible.
        >
        > Thx.
        > Kimo

        Which firmware are you using?
        If it's the offical Linksys or Unslung then you must be setting them up
        via the webgui. Plese check the Linksys manual for the answer. It's
        fairly self-explanatory

        If one of the other firmwares then do you need help editing the
        smb.conf file?