Re: Is my slug or memory stick broken?

  • kindakinkyclub
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2007
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "rolandkbs" <roland.krebs@...>
      > After about a year of operation, my memory stick gave up. I was
      > able to to fsck it under Linux and to use it under Windows, but the
      > Slug refused to work with it. I then replaced it by a Maxtor
      > which is still working.
      > So I would guess your problem is the memory stick.
      > Roland
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kindakinkyclub" <chris@>
      > >
      > > I have unslung my NSLU2 to a memory stick and have been running
      > > about a year using it as an FTP server and EPG uploader to my PVR.
      > >
      > > It stopped working this morning and the slug refuses to see the
      > > stick and the activity light on the stick does not flash when
      > > in. i have tried disk1 and disk2 and rebooting but no luck.
      > >
      > > If I plug the stick in my PC it loads it as a disk drive and the
      > > start flashing.
      > >
      > > Is it time to put the slug in the bin? Or is there anything I
      > > try first?

      OK I have a new memory stick, but I have restarted my NSLU2 and now
      cannot connect to it. I guessed it had reverted to
      (previously so I have changed my network appropriately,
      but no joy, Eventually I gave up put it into upgrade mode plugged it
      into my PC and used sercom to reflash it. Put it back on the network
      and nothing.

      My router sees it as an attached device with, but I
      can't ping it or go to it's web front end. I have even tried pinging
      by name it resolves the IP address, but still no response.

      Am I out of things to try? Perhaps my slug is bust after all?