Randomly duplicated messages

  • Gregg C Levine
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 28, 2007
      Hello!
      Is everyone else seeing this? The list is producing duplicate messages. I
      should also mention that this is not endemic to our group. It's happening on
      another group hosted on the same service for listed messages, and the
      indicator regarding who subscribed to another group.

      It has to be a Yahoo Groups thing.
      --
      Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
      "The Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

    • Gregg C Levine

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 28, 2007
                  On Wed, March 28, 2007 22:05, Gregg C Levine said:
                  > Hello!
                  > Is everyone else seeing this? The list is producing duplicate messages. I
                  > should also mention that this is not endemic to our group. It's happening
                  > on
                  > another group hosted on the same service for listed messages, and the
                  > indicator regarding who subscribed to another group.
                  >
                  > It has to be a Yahoo Groups thing.

                  I see dupes constantly.

                  Tim

                  --
                  Tim Sailer
                  Coastal Internet, Inc.
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 28, 2007

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 28, 2007

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 28, 2007
                        On Wed, March 28, 2007 22:05, Gregg C Levine said:
                        > Hello!
                        > Is everyone else seeing this? The list is producing duplicate messages. I
                        > should also mention that this is not endemic to our group. It's happening
                        > on
                        > another group hosted on the same service for listed messages, and the
                        > indicator regarding who subscribed to another group.
                        >
                        > It has to be a Yahoo Groups thing.

                        I see dupes constantly.

                        Tim

                        --
                        Tim Sailer
                        Coastal Internet, Inc.
                        www.buoy.com
                        631-399-2910
                      • Klaus Ruebsam
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 28, 2007
                          Hi Gregg,

                          > Is everyone else seeing this? The list is producing duplicate messages....

                          yes, same reading :-) here: tons of dublicates in various Y-groups. Seems to be a Y-problem rather than spam or misconfiguration of a clients application. I´m sure they will get it sorted out pretty soon (as their inbox will also get flooded with complaints of other YG-users). That seems to be the price we have to pay for a service free of charge. As long as they get it sorted out within the next days I would even not send any message to them.

                          I´ll stay tuned for some real breaking news.

                          Kind regards,

                          Klaus
                          Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail
                        • Klaus Ruebsam
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 28, 2007
                            Hi Gregg,

                            > Is everyone else seeing this? The list is producing duplicate messages....

                            yes, same reading :-) here: tons of dublicates in various Y-groups. Seems to be a Y-problem rather than spam or misconfiguration of a clients application. I´m sure they will get it sorted out pretty soon (as their inbox will also get flooded with complaints of other YG-users). That seems to be the price we have to pay for a service free of charge. As long as they get it sorted out within the next days I would even not send any message to them.

                            I´ll stay tuned for some real breaking news.

                            Kind regards,

                            Klaus
                            Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail
                          • dave nash
                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 29, 2007
                              From Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@...>:

                              > Is everyone else seeing this? The list is producing duplicate messages. I
                              > should also mention that this is not endemic to our group. It's happening on
                              > another group hosted on the same service for listed messages, and the
                              > indicator regarding who subscribed to another group.

                              Yes, I am getting it on lots of groups, I hope they fix it soon!

                              Dave

                              --
                              http://www.davesastro.co.uk
                            • bret