Re: [nslu2-general] How to set up NSLU2 as an FTP server?

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2007
      As of firmware version R63, Linksys includes a working FTP server. It's a
      version of "bftpd" - googling that should get you a reference, should you
      need more advanced documentation on bftpd itself (there is no documentation
      on how Linksys configures it, unfortunately -- that would be a greatly wiki
      article IMO).

      I would recommend that you try to work with that built-in ftpd, and only
      attempt the use of proftpd or vsftpd if all else fails -- those are very
      good ftp servers, but they have proven very difficult to set up on the
      Unslung firmware.

      I'm not sure what firmware to recommend. The native Linksys firmware is
      easiest (of course), but is not very flexible. Unslung retains
      compatibility with Linksys firmware. SlugOS (aka OpenSlug) offers a much
      more standard Linux environment on the little devices. Perhaps if you could
      outline the needs you have of the device for the science project we could
      offer some more specific suggestions.

      Thanks,
      Mike (mwester)