Re: Recommended Hard Drives

  • yeah_brokentv
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2007
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "obscura404" <piers.bromley@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm thinking of getting a NSLU2 after doing lots of research and was
      > wondering what hard drives people thought were good for this device.
      >
      > I'm looking to get two drives (about 250gb each)and was thinking of
      > running the unslung firmware to enable webserver etc. Ideally the
      > drives would spin down when not being used.

      Well, I just had a bad hdd last week. I have a lot of unpleasant
      experiences in hdd like WD, Maxtor, and Hitache. Right now I only use
      seagate because I figure that since they usually 5 year warranty, they
      must have confidence in their own products. I have not had any problem
      with several of my seagates so far.

      I don't have any experience in spin down, so I don't know that one.

      Martin