how to get nohup without coreutils

  • Rob Conway
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2007
      I am trying to get nohup onto my unslung 6.8. After searching I found the fact its within coreutils. However when I try and install coreutils it states it conflicts with busybox-links

      ######################
      # ipkg install coreutils
      Installing coreutils (6.7-3) to root...
      Nothing to be done
      An error ocurred, return value: 1.
      Collected errors:
      ERROR: The following packages conflict with coreutils:
      busybox-links

      I don't know what package installed Busybox-links, however do want to uninstall it as It maybe part of the fuse/owfs install ? The slug is used as a data logger using 1 wire communications and don't particularly want to screw with that stuff again as its working great.

      Can someone give me some help in how to get nohup onto my unlung 6.8 please..or tell me how to run a script that doesn't stop when you close the terminal. I currently have to run scripts from my startup /opt/etc/init.d directory and although it works don't want to have to restart my slug just to make my bash scripts run.

      cheers

      rob