MediaWiki - Can't create pages, users or login

  • Paul Pearman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2007
      I have installed MediaWiki as per the instructions on the Unslung
      wiki, I can edit the main page but as soon as I try to create any new
      pages the edit page just shows me my home page. And as the title of
      this post says I can't actually login, I only ever see my IP address.
      I tried going to the special pages and creating a new user and it just
      tells me

      No such action
      The action specified by the URL is not recognized by the wiki
      Return to Main Page.

      I'm sure it must be a permissions problem somewhere but I have
      searched the web and found nothing. I tried the suggestions on the
      thttpd wiki page regarding setting the permissions and owner on all
      the files/directories but it made no difference.

      I'm using Mysql, PHP-thttpd, php-myadmin. (curiously DokuWiki appears
      t be working just fine on the same SLUG - I wanted to compare the two
      so I have them both isntalled )

      Does anyone have any suggestions?

      Thanks in advance

      Paul