Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Dead Nslu2 [wiki update]

  • Adam Ward
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2007
      On Sunday 04 March 2007 01:18, Phil Endecott wrote:
      > Roy Anstee wrote:
      > > I am noy sure how I update Wiki with my experiences? Will it not
      > > confuse people with too much information as I found?
      >
      > Roy is right. Rod, it's not going to work to ask people who were
      > confused by the documentation to fix it - they are exactly the wrong
      > people. The people who need to fix the documentation are the ones who
      > actually understand things. People like Roy might, at best, go and add
      > some little paragraph at the end of an already over-long page saying
      > what they found, but they are very unlikely to go and really improve
      > things.
      >
      > So I have just spent 2.5 hours working through
      > Howto.RecoverFromABadFlash and the pages that it links to. I *hope*
      > that it is now better than it was before, but even though I now have
      > quite a lot of Slug experience even I can't be sure that I have not
      > screwed it up somewhere. (For example, I know nothing about Macs,
      > Windows, Sercomm, Unslung etc. etc.)

      I got mine a few days ago, and I spent some time doing the flashing, using the
      page prior to your edits.
      I think the changes made are good. I don't run Windows or Mac so I can't
      comment on these.

      The only addition I'd like to see is an upslug2 binary, maybe in the
      nlsu2-general files area. See my post at
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/message/6102
      When the need to flash arises, the last thing I wanted to deal with was
      resolving compilation problems.

      [snip]