Re: [nslu2-general] HELP MAC MP3 FOLDER

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2007
      On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 16:51 +0000, jezfeepa wrote:

      > There are 2 drives plugged into the linksys nslu2.
      > 1) Maxtor 200 gig Internal which I have put into an external usb 2.0
      > case. This drive is in NTSF and was in my PC prior to getting rid of
      > it. It is basically a media drive. Large 40Gig Movie folder, 90Gig MP3
      > Folder, PIctures, etc.
      > 2) Mybook 250 Western Digital USB 2.0 drive formated to EXT3. This is
      > the drive I have installed MT-Daapd too. The only media I have on it
      > is 1/2 of my mp3 collection.

      I guess that drive 2 is the unslung native drive?
      In that case it uses ext3 as filesystem but this disk is also used
      for the swap and configuration partition.

      > Here is my problem. I can view Movie folder and Music folder on either
      > drive through my Xbox XMBC. I can view the folders in the linksys
      > NSLu2 website no problems. When I mount either drive on my Macbook,
      > all folders work fine, and are pretty quick. The only folder I have
      > problems with is the MP3 Folder. It takes like 20 minutes for the
      > folder to open up where I can see the files. This is unacceptable. I
      > dont get why it does not do this with the Movie folder which is big as
      > well.

      What do you mean by "the Movie folder which is big as well"?

      The real interesting number is the number of files:
      40 GB of movies --> 20 files
      40 GB of mp3 --> 16000 files

      Thats almost 1000 times more files.

      Do you have more then a few 100 files in one directory. Because thats
      could case long delays?

      Are the differences between de ext3 filesystem and the ntfs filesystem?

      --
      marceln