Printing with G85

  • siegfried
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 2:06 PM
      I apologize if I have posted this query twice. However, since I am not
      seeing my own message in my nslu2 folder I am sending this again.

      I had a devil of a time making my G85 print with ubuntu until I discovered
      http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2215688#post2215688.

      Now I would like to make my Unslung G85 a print server.

      I have followed http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddPrinter the best I
      can.

      I did:

      Create device entry /dev/usb/lp0 (e.g. by copying /dev/lp0), give full
      permissions (777)

      However, /opt/lib/cups/backend/usb, does not produce any results. cat
      /proc/bus/usb/devices indicates that unslung recognizes my HP G85 however.

      When I print from windows, lpq indicates the job has been received by
      unslung but it never prints.

      Is there a command I can use to bypass cups and print a file to deterime if
      the problem is with cups or the device?

      The printer works fine now when connected directly to ubuntu or windows 2003
      server.

      Thanks,
      Siegfried