Re: newbie: want to share a mac drive...

  • hopbot001
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
      thanks Psychodad!
      i am assuming that means the drive needs to be FAT? is there a
      disadvantage to that for the Mac user (as opposed to having an HFS+
      drive connected to the NSLU2

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "realpsychodad" <ahelbling@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > No, you do not. Just use it with unslung or even stock linksys
      > firmaware. Mac does work nice with SMB shares provided by the nslu2,
      > no software needed.
      >
      > The NSLU2 will apear in finder/network.
      >
      > Or use "connect to server" in finder and type "cifs://nslu2IPAddress"
      >
      > The only thing that will be usefull is a little applescript to mount
      > the shares at boot, saving some mouseclicks.
      >
      > by
      >
      > Psychodad
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "hopbot001" <michelangelo@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > hello all! i just got my nslu2 and its so neat! i have Unslung 6.8
      > on
      > > it and openssh and want to set up one for my friend who is a mac
      > user
      > > and needs a nas backup solution.

    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
        On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 19:16 +0000, hopbot001 wrote:

        > i am assuming that means the drive needs to be FAT? is there a
        > disadvantage to that for the Mac user (as opposed to having an HFS+
        > drive connected to the NSLU2

        1) You need at least one native drive.
        2) There is no support for HFS+.
        3) You could use a second disk with fat.

        --
        marceln