Re: [nslu2-general] Can't change samba workgroup

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2007
      On Sat, 2007-02-17 at 00:59 +0000, John wrote:
      > I am using Unslung 6.8 and just installed the SAMBA 3.
      > Used the working sample smb.conf with a few minor modification, It
      > worked. However when I changed the workgroup, whatever name I gave to
      > workgroup, it would go back to the original one "Worksgroup" when I
      > rebooted.
      > I tried to change all the smb.conf and the problem still exists.

      There are two possibilities:
      1) The old version is running again
      --> Stop the old version in the boot process and
      start the new one
      2) The boot procedure overwrites the smb configuration
      with the standard linksys configuration added with
      the local changes made through the webinterface.
      --> Overwrite the configuration before starting the
      new version.

      > Anyone know how to fix this?

      Verify which of those two is the cause.

      After that fix it.

      --
      marceln
    • ogger.sascha
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2007
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "John" <lianjian@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am using Unslung 6.8 and just installed the SAMBA 3.
        > Used the working sample smb.conf with a few minor modification, It
        > worked. However when I changed the workgroup, whatever name I gave to
        > workgroup, it would go back to the original one "Worksgroup" when I
        > rebooted.
        > I tried to change all the smb.conf and the problem still exists.
        > Anyone know how to fix this?

        Have a look at
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Samba
        Topic"Alternate Update Method"