Re: MS Networking

  • Kevin Stroud
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2007
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@...>
      wrote:

      > In message <eq2hh6+jl2n@...>, Kevin Stroud <kcstroud@...>
      > writes
      > >Hi,
      > >
      > >I have an NSLU2 that was very slow working with Microsoft Networking.
      > >Out of the box it ran V2.R63.
      > >
      > >I did some research and found this article:
      >
      >http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/print?board.id=Network_Storage&m
      > >essage.id=123&page=1&format=page
      > >
      > >In essence, if you use V2.r25, the NSLU2 responds very well in an MS
      > >Networking environment. I followed the instructions and it works great.
      > >
      > >I would like to change to the Unslug firmware, but as it is based on a
      > >latter version of the Linksys firmware, I want to find out if the slow
      > >response will come back.
      > >
      > How do you measure the speed here.
      >
      > Unslung firmware version 5.5 is based on an earlier release R29.
      > Perhaps your speed problem would be acceptable with this version.
      > --
      > Robert Hammond
      > PGP:0x154144DA

      Robert,

      I would open a command line and enter \\NSLU2 and wait for about 1.5
      minutes for a folder list - clicking on a folder in that list produced
      the same result.

      same type of response seen if I accessed the device through network
      neighborhood or any program I used to access stored files on the device.

      I'll take a look at 5.5

      Thank You!