About cslugc

  • Arkaitz Jimenez
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      Hi,
      I've recently bought a NSLU2 and i am trying to start
      customizing it.
      I don't want any HD attached to my NSLU so the ucslugc
      seems to be my distro. I downloaded the Makefile from
      nslu-linux and tried "make cslugc".
      After a while some errors started appearing in my
      screen:
      ERROR: Error in executing:
      /home/saladino/src/slug/ucslugc/openembedded/packages/stage-manager/stagemanager-native_0.0.1.bb
      ERROR: Exception:exceptions.TypeError Message:iterable
      argument required
      ERROR: Printing the environment of the function
      ERROR: 0001:def __anonfunc():
      ERROR: 0002: base_after_parse_two(d)
      ERROR: 0003: base_after_parse(d)
      ERROR: 0004:
      ERROR: iterable argument required while parsing
      /home/saladino/src/slug/ucslugc/openembedded/packages/stage-manager/stagemanager-native_0.0.1.bb
      NOTE: Handling BitBake files: / (4072/4127) [98
      %]ERROR: Information not available for target
      'ppc-linux'
      NOTE: exceptions.TypeError:iterable argument required
      while evaluating:
      ${@siteinfo_get_endianess(d)}
      NOTE: exceptions.TypeError:iterable argument required
      while evaluating:
      ${@['ixp4xxbe',
      'ixp4xxle'][bb.data.getVar('SITEINFO_ENDIANESS', d, 1)
      == 'le']}

      I downloaded the intel packages and did the md5sums
      but still the same.

      Im trying to do it from a debian with a ppc
      architecture (old iBook). But i thought that for
      cross-compiling the host architecture wouldn't matter.
      So, some questions:
      -Is it possible to make a ucslugc image for the NSLU2
      with a debian/ppc host system?
      -I am confused with something?
      -Is there a way to use yahoogroups from a non-yahoo
      e-mail account?

      Thanks for your time

      Correo Yahoo!
    • samuelgilesmiller
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2007
        Arkaitz,

        I have a similar requirement... (no external drive). How did your
        effort work out?

        Sam
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Arkaitz Jimenez <saladino2@...>