Telnet & smb failure

  • Simon Milner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2007

      Anyone recognise these symptoms, which have appeared out of nowhere (no other system
      changes)? Basically TCP/IP access works but nothing else...

      Unslung 6.x to Seagate 320GB on Disk 2. Accessing from OS X Tiger.

      1. Cannot mount smb share on OS X - connect via Finder>Go>Connect to server returns
      error "username or password is incorrect" (haven't changed anything).
      2. Cannot telnet into slug - web GUI telnet page appears but when I click enable, I get error
      "unable to save data to file"
      3. Can browse share on Disk 2 via webGUI
      4. Disk seems to spin down after while - don't remember it doing that before.

      cheers

      Stig