Re: NSLU2 and fstab

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

      > On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 23:21 -0800, Charles Chambers wrote:
      > > I've tried:
      > >
      > > //192.168.0.78/"disk 1" /var/public smbfs
      > > password=guest 0 0
      > >
      > > for the first drive to mount, and Mandriva is
      > > returning "Line 5 in fstab is bad".
      >
      > The problem is probably the space between "disk" and "1".
      > The quotas are special for the shell and are interpreted
      > correctly on the commandline.
      >
      > This doesn't work in the "/etc/fstab".
      >
      > You could change the share names or switch to nfs.

      The share names as is cannot be changed or deleted.

      There was an obscure trick to getting them to mount out of the box from
      fstab entries. I just can't remember where I found it.

      Thanks
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 00:26 +0000, Charles wrote:

        > The share names as is cannot be changed or deleted.

        Not with the linksys gui.

        You could create a second share without space and use that
        or change it directly in "/etc/samba/smb.conf".

        But be careful. Changing "/etc/samba/smb.conf" will give
        some problems:
        1) It is not persistent over reboots
        2) The linksys interface doesn't understand it

        But it is possible.

        --
        marceln