Re: [nslu2-general] Problem with de-underclocking?

  • jrawinsk
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 30, 2007
      I hope it's not bad form to bring up an old topic... I have done
      forum searches, and read the FAQ and howto regarding removing the
      resistor to overclock the NSLU2. I also have read quite a few people
      who report that their NSLU2 was clocked at 266 out of the box. I
      recently purchased an NSLU2 (S/N SGA005200787). I unslung it and
      everything is working mostly fine (I am having problems getting PHP to
      work but that's another topic). I checked the cpu speed and see the
      following:

      # cat < /proc/cpuinfo
      Processor : XScale-IXP425/IXC1100 rev 1 (v5b)
      BogoMIPS : 131.48

      I know it would be easy to remove the resistor and de underclock it
      but I was wondering if others are still getting the natively
      deunderclocked devices. Mine doesn't have any manufacture date
      sticker on it. If my model is just an older one I'll take it
      back and try again. I'd rather have one natively working than void my
      warranty. Anyone purchase one recently and check the clock speed?

      By the way I tried to contact Linksys support on the phone and on the
      website and both times was told that clock speed was something that
      could be modified by FW, and wasn't supported by Linksys. So I gave
      up that route.

      Thanks in advance
      Jon