Re: My slug freezes up - Can anyone help? SOLVED

  • fred_barwell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
      Chalk another one up to faulty hardware. After exhausting all
      possible configuration ideas, I thought that maybe the unit was
      overheating. It would explain why, after 15-20 minutes it would
      fail, and why it would take another 30 minutes to get it to start up
      again.

      So, this weekend I wrapped it in a small towel, and then placed it
      between two ice packs to keep it cold.

      It happily ran the entire day, during which time I was able to format
      my 500gb drive, copy over 30+gb of mp3 and avi files, and stream
      music to my Audiotron - all with no problems whatsoever.

      Today I'm bringing it back to the store for another one. I'll post
      another update. Hopefully the next one won't have the same problem :)

      Thanks everyone!

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "fred_barwell" <fbarwell@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > Thanks for reading my post. I've got a problem with my new slug,
      > have tried everything I can think of, read the groups for a week
      now
      > with no luck. I'm starting to wonder if mine is defective.
      >
      > I have the NSLU2 (standard firmware v63) connected to a new WRT54GL
      > router running the latest DD-WRT firmware.
      >
      > With no drives attatched to the ports, my slug powers up and afer a
      > minute chirps happily on 192.168.1.77. I can get to the admin
      pages
      > and check things out. All seems great.
      >
      > After a short while, however, I can no longer get it to respond.
      It