su do not work anymore

  • bayard_e
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2007
      Hello, I used to be able to login on my NSLU as being me and then
      change to root with su, but since yesterday I get a message from
      tinylogin that give me the supported functions and su is not supported,
      does any one have an idea why and how to go back to previous behavior,
      or do I need to install coreutils?
      or reinstall the system?
      Thank you
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2007
        On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 19:58 +0000, bayard_e wrote:
        > Hello, I used to be able to login on my NSLU as being me and then
        > change to root with su, but since yesterday I get a message from
        > tinylogin that give me the supported functions and su is not
        > supported,

        The tinylogin "su" doesn't work.

        > does any one have an idea why and how to go back to previous
        > behavior,

        $ ls -l /opt/bin/su
        lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Dec 11 21:02 /opt/bin/su -> /opt/bin/coreutils-su

        --
        marceln