Fogrot password

  • leonbrag2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2007
      I have Unslung 6.x running, but unfortunatly I forgot password for
      Admin user and telnet is NOT enbabled (so I cannot loggin as root and
      change Admin password).

      Question:
      If I use reset button in the back of the device, will it reset Admin
      password?

      If yes, what will it be?

      Is there anything else I can do to gain access to Admin web pages?

      thanks
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007

        > Question:
        > If I use reset button in the back of the device, will it reset Admin
        > password?

        No. It will reboot.

        > If yes, what will it be?
        >
        > Is there anything else I can do to gain access to Admin web pages?

        1) Boot without disk
        - It will use the internal flash as root device
        - The password will be "admin/admin"
        2) Log in to the pages and enable telnet
        3) Login to the slug
        4) Attach the disk
        5) Check that the internal flash is mounted as "/" and where
        the external disk is mounted (df).
        6) Copy the file "/home/httpd/html/Management/.htpasswd" from
        the internal flash to the external disk
        7) reboot

        --
        marceln
      • leonbrag2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...>
          wrote:

          > > Question:
          > > If I use reset button in the back of the device, will it reset
          Admin
          > > password?
          >
          > No. It will reboot.
          >

          > > If yes, what will it be?
          > >
          > > Is there anything else I can do to gain access to Admin web pages?
          >
          > 1) Boot without disk
          > - It will use the internal flash as root device
          > - The password will be "admin/admin"
          > 2) Log in to the pages and enable telnet
          > 3) Login to the slug
          > 4) Attach the disk
          > 5) Check that the internal flash is mounted as "/" and where
          > the external disk is mounted (df).
          > 6) Copy the file "/home/httpd/html/Management/.htpasswd" from
          > the internal flash to the external disk
          > 7) reboot
          >
          > --
          > marceln

          One details I forgot to mention:
          1. I have NEVER unslung the box (i.e. there is no OS files on the
          flash)
          2. I assume it means I can skip step 6 and just use Admin/Admin to
          login.
          Correct?

          Thanks
        • Marcel Nijenhof
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 19, 2007
            On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 00:06 +0000, leonbrag2000 wrote:

            > One details I forgot to mention:
            > 1. I have NEVER unslung the box (i.e. there is no OS files on the
            > flash)
            > 2. I assume it means I can skip step 6 and just use Admin/Admin to
            > login.
            > Correct?

            In that case you have changed the password on the flash and
            this doesn't work.

            I think you have to reflash your slug.

            --
            marceln