Re: torrent

  • biffa001
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
      I am happily using enhanced-ctorrent with ctcs (the web front end) to
      download torrent's on my unslung 6.8 beta slug.

      When I run a torrent I don't normally use the extra commands to set
      how long to seed etc, I just leave it to use the standard settings,
      which I believe will automatically seed for 72 hours unless you say
      otherwise.

      The only problem I get every now and then is that a torrent won't end
      when I tell it to from the CTCS web front end and I have to quit using
      a command line option.

      Basically, CTCS and enhanced-ctorrent was the only reliable way I
      could get torrents downloading on my slug. I can happily leave it to
      download 1 or 2 at a time.

      Now if someone managed to work out how to get the program to
      auto-queue torrent's from a specific folder that would be ace. I could
      ditch my M$ Windowz Utorrent program for good :-)

      > If there are people around that use other torrent clients
      > (succesfully) on unslung 6.8 beta, please answer on this thread, cause
      > I (and possibly more people) lost already too much time trying to make
      > rtorrent or ctorrent work and maybe you have other solutions.
      >

      > > Thanks in advance.
      > >

      > Adrian

    • Vidar Tysse
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
        > Now if someone managed to work out how to get the program to
        > auto-queue torrent's from a specific folder that would be ace. I could
        > ditch my M$ Windowz Utorrent program for good :-)

        Someone (Whaly) posted a script for this in the nslu2_linux list some
        time ago.

        I have adapted that script for my own use. See attached file
        autorrent.sh.
        To set it up, change "autorrent-root" in the paths to fit your setup and
        then create these directories:

        /your-torrent-root/torrents/torrents/queue/low
        /your-torrent-root/torrents/torrents/queue/high
        /your-torrent-root/torrents/processing
        /your-torrent-root/torrents/done

        The script is started from unslung/rc.local and will run forever:

        su autorrent-user -c "sh /autorrent-root/autorrent.sh"

        Replace "autorrent-user" with the user that should run the script and
        enhanced-ctorrent. Make sure that this user has full access to
        /your-torrent-root/ and subdirectories (e.g. use your Windows user).

        Now you can queue a new torrent by dropping the torrent file into the low
        or high directory depending on its urgency.

        The script will process queued torrents sequentially, picking from high
        first and from low only when high is empty. Regretfully it will only let
        you have one torrent active at any given time, i.e. no further
        downloading until the current torrent has finished seeding. Extending
        the script to support two or three "processing" directories shouldn't be
        that big a task though.

        --
        __Vidar__
      • Vidar Tysse
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
          > Someone (Whaly) posted a script for this in the nslu2_linux list some
          > time ago.
          >
          > I have adapted that script for my own use. See attached file
          > autorrent.sh.

          Sorry, I forgot the attachment. Hope I remember this time...

          --
          __Vidar__

          begin 666 autorrent.sh
          M(R$O8FEN+W-H"B-S970@+7@*(PHC($%U=&]M871I8R!4;W)R96YT($1O=VYL
          M;V%D(%%U975E($UA;F%G97(*(R *(R!3=&%R="!F<F]M('5N<VQU;F<O<F,N
          M;&]C86PZ("!S=2!V:61A<B M8R B<V@@+W9I9&%R+V%U=&]R<F5N="YS:"(*
          M(PH*9V5T3F5X=$9I;&4H*0I["@EC9" D5$]24D5.5$1)4@H)5$]24D5.5$9)
          M3$5?1E5,3%!!5$@]8&9I;F0@+B M;6%X9&5P=&@@,B M;F%M92 B*BYT;W)R
          M96YT(B!\(&AE860@+6X@,2!\(&-U=" M9" B+R(@+68@,BU@"@E43U)214Y4
          M1DE,13U@9FEN9" N("UM87AD97!T:" R("UN86UE("(J+G1O<G)E;G0B('P@
          M:&5A9" M;B Q('P@8W5T("UD("(O(B M9B S+6 *?0H*(R!-86EN(&)L;V-K
          M('-T87)T<PH*5$]24D5.5$1)4CTB+W9I9&%R+W1O<G)E;G1S+W%U975E(@I7
          M3U)+1$E2/2(O=FED87(O=&]R<F5N=',O<')O8V5S<VEN9R(*1DE.25-(141?
          M1$E2/2(O=FED87(O=&]R<F5N=',O9&]N92(*0TQ)14Y4/2(O;W!T+V)I;B]E
          M;FAA;F-E9"UC=&]R<F5N="(*0TQ)14Y47T]05$E/3CTB+4,@-" M92 R-" M
          M4R!L;V-A;&AO<W0Z,C<X,"(*=VAI;&4@6R Q(%T[(&1O"@EG971.97AT1FEL
          M90H)=VAI;&4@6R B)%1/4E)%3E1&24Q%(B A/2 B(B!=.R!D;PH)"6UV("(D
          M5$]24D5.5$9)3$5?1E5,3%!!5$@B("173U)+1$E2"@D)8V0@)%=/4DM$25(*
          M"0EE8VAO("143U)214Y41DE,12 ^("143U)214Y41$E2+U=O<FMI;F<N='AT
          M"@D))$-,245.5" D0TQ)14Y47T]05$E/3B B)%1/4E)%3E1&24Q%(@H)"6UV
          M("173U)+1$E2+RH@)$9)3DE32$5$7T1)4B\*"0ER;2 D5$]24D5.5$1)4B]7
          M;W)K:6YG+G1X= H)"6=E=$YE>'1&:6QE"@ED;VYE"@ES;&5E<" V, ID;VYE
          4"@HC($UA:6X@8FQO8VL@96YD<PH`
          `
          end
        • Vidar Tysse
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
            >> Someone (Whaly) posted a script for this in the nslu2_linux list some
            >> time ago.
            >>
            >> I have adapted that script for my own use. See attached file
            >> autorrent.sh.
            >
            > Sorry, I forgot the attachment. Hope I remember this time...

            Sure I remembered, I just forgot to save it before attaching it. Aaaargh.
            Here's the one that fits with the description.

            --
            __Vidar__

            (I will go to sleep now!!!)

            begin 666 autorrent.sh
            M(R$O8FEN+W-H"B-S970@+7@*(PHC($%U=&]M871I8R!4;W)R96YT($1O=VYL
            M;V%D(%%U975E($UA;F%G97(*(R *(R!3=&%R="!F<F]M('5N<VQU;F<O<F,N
            M;&]C86PZ("!S=2!A=71O<G)E;G0M=7-E<B M8R B<V@@+V%U=&]R<F5N="UR
            M;V]T+V%U=&]R<F5N="YS:"(*(PH*9V5T3F5X=$9I;&4H*0I["@EC9" D5$]2
            M4D5.5$1)4@H)5$]24D5.5$9)3$5?1E5,3%!!5$@]8&9I;F0@+B M;6%X9&5P
            M=&@@,B M;F%M92 B*BYT;W)R96YT(B!\(&AE860@+6X@,2!\(&-U=" M9" B
            M+R(@+68@,BU@"@E43U)214Y41DE,13U@9FEN9" N("UM87AD97!T:" R("UN
            M86UE("(J+G1O<G)E;G0B('P@:&5A9" M;B Q('P@8W5T("UD("(O(B M9B S
            M+6 *?0H*(R!-86EN(&)L;V-K('-T87)T<PH*5$]24D5.5$1)4CTB+V%U=&]R
            M<F5N="UR;V]T+W1O<G)E;G1S+W%U975E(@I73U)+1$E2/2(O875T;W)R96YT
            M+7)O;W0O=&]R<F5N=',O<')O8V5S<VEN9R(*1DE.25-(141?1$E2/2(O875T
            M;W)R96YT+7)O;W0O=&]R<F5N=',O9&]N92(*0TQ)14Y4/2(O;W!T+V)I;B]E
            M;FAA;F-E9"UC=&]R<F5N="(*0TQ)14Y47T]05$E/3CTB+4,@-" M92 R-" M
            M4R!L;V-A;&AO<W0Z,C<X,"(*=VAI;&4@6R Q(%T[(&1O"@EG971.97AT1FEL
            M90H)=VAI;&4@6R B)%1/4E)%3E1&24Q%(B A/2 B(B!=.R!D;PH)"6UV("(D
            M5$]24D5.5$9)3$5?1E5,3%!!5$@B("173U)+1$E2"@D)8V0@)%=/4DM$25(*
            M"0EE8VAO("143U)214Y41DE,12 ^("143U)214Y41$E2+U=O<FMI;F<N='AT
            M"@D))$-,245.5" D0TQ)14Y47T]05$E/3B B)%1/4E)%3E1&24Q%(@H)"6UV
            M("173U)+1$E2+RH@)$9)3DE32$5$7T1)4B\*"0ER;2 D5$]24D5.5$1)4B]7
            M;W)K:6YG+G1X= H)"6=E=$YE>'1&:6QE"@ED;VYE"@ES;&5E<" V, ID;VYE
            4"@HC($UA:6X@8FQO8VL@96YD<PH`
            `
            end
          • dazealex
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
              Adrian,

              I am trying to write Web frontend for dnsmasq. And was wondering if
              you could share your PERL code with us? It maybe help me get started.
              Also, if anyone knows of an existing frontend, please advise!

              Thanks.

              Daze

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian Pirciu" <adixor@...> wrote:

              > I dunno about that but I found transmissioncli (the command-line part
              > of the transmission torrent package) and it works flawlessly, if you
              > can get used with the limited information, statistics or features it
              > has. So far, on unslung 6.8, I used it for the last week (10 torrents
              > ~ 20 GB of data) and it's just ok, not a single error, and it seems I
              > can live without the statistics. It also consumes VERY LITTLE memory
              > (rtorrent consumes much more). And it took me only half a Saturday to
              > make a simple webinterface in Perl for it :) (for those interested, I
              > can publish it as a demo, though I am not a programmer and it doesn't
              > look that great).
            • leguani
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
                Hi Adrian,

                I've got Transmissin working now. I haven't set up gnuplot and
                logrotate yet. But the interface is not very clear to me. I understand
                the workflow (source - work - target). But I do not understand the
                options (purge, remove, etc). And how can I see the ratio?

                Thanks.