net-snmp broken on ds106

  • jbbodart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hello,

      I am using optware packages on a Synology DS106 station. Everything is
      working fine except the net-snmp package : I can't start snmpd because
      it dies with a segmentation fault.

      It seems to be a known bug in net-snmp 5.3.0.1 :
      http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/net-snmp-coders@.../3993106.html

      I have rebuilt the package using version 5.3.1 just by replacing

      NET_SNMP_VERSION=5.3.0.1

      by

      NET_SNMP_VERSION=5.3.1

      in net-snmp.mk and now everything works fine. So, would it be possible
      to upgrade this package in the main repository ?

      Thanks and regards.

      Jeab-Baptiste