Power Outage and no restart

  • Nick B
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi, I had a power cut the other night and when I woke my NSLU2 wasn't
      on. So, it doesn't auto restart, which could be a pain when I'm away
      on holiday and want to access my files.

      Has anyone resolved this, or is it just a 'feature' of the box which
      can't be altered?

      Thanks
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
        Nick B wrote:
        > Hi, I had a power cut the other night and when I woke my NSLU2 wasn't
        > on. So, it doesn't auto restart, which could be a pain when I'm away
        > on holiday and want to access my files.
        >
        > Has anyone resolved this, or is it just a 'feature' of the box which
        > can't be altered?

        Please read the FAQ before posting. Also please re-read the rules on
        the front page of the web site - you've broken rule #2 with this post.

        The first answer in the hardware section is what you are looking for.

        -- Rod
      • Nick B
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
          Well, I've read the nslu2-linux pages a lot. I couldn't remember off hand
          having seen this issue raised. I did a search of all the messages saved in
          my gmail account.

          I've just taken a look at the yahoo web page and can't see a FAQ link.

          So, maybe a point to all "the rules" I've broken please, if you going to
          quote them, you might want to let me know where they are for the future.

          On 1/1/07, Rod Whitby <rod@...> wrote:

          > Nick B wrote:
          > > Hi, I had a power cut the other night and when I woke my NSLU2 wasn't
          > > on. So, it doesn't auto restart, which could be a pain when I'm away
          > > on holiday and want to access my files.
          > >
          > > Has anyone resolved this, or is it just a 'feature' of the box which
          > > can't be altered?
          >
          > Please read the FAQ before posting. Also please re-read the rules on
          > the front page of the web site - you've broken rule #2 with this post.
          >
          > The first answer in the hardware section is what you are looking for.
          >
          > -- Rod

        • Rod Whitby
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
            Nick B wrote:
            > Well, I've read the nslu2-linux pages a lot. I couldn't remember off hand
            > having seen this issue raised. I did a search of all the messages saved in
            > my gmail account.
            >
            > I've just taken a look at the yahoo web page and can't see a FAQ link.
            >
            > So, maybe a point to all "the rules" I've broken please, if you going to
            > quote them, you might want to let me know where they are for the future.

            There is no need to be offended. The nslu2-linux rules are there so
            that questions which are already answered by the FAQ don't waste the
            time of the other 7500+ subscribers on these nslu2 lists. Reading the
            FAQ associated with a project before posting to a mailing list is
            standard practice.

            If you look at http://www.nslu2-linux.org, you will see the community
            rules listed clearly near the top centre of the page (after the quote
            from Linksys). I'll repeat them here:

            1/ Never *ever* use the Linksys EraseAll tool - it will brick your slug
            permanently.

            2/ You will search the wiki first here and read the FAQ before asking
            questions.

            3/ You must read and follow the steps in the README file precisely when
            flashing firmware.

            4/ Those who ask the questions, update the wiki when they get the answers.

            5/ Those who complain about the documentation, update the wiki to make
            it better.

            6/ Friends don't let friends flash custom firmware without confirmed
            RedBoot Upgrade Mode access.

            7/ Friends don't let friends flash custom bootloaders without confirmed
            JTAG access.

            A link to the FAQ is clearly listed at the top of the left sidebar.

            The description for the nslu2-general Yahoo group previously said:

            "All HowTo and Gettings Started information can be found in the NSLU2
            wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/"

            I have updated it (as per your suggestion) to say:

            "All FAQ, HowTo and Gettings Started information can be found in the
            NSLU2 wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/"

            -- Rod Whitby
            -- NSLU2-Linux Project Lead