Re: NetHack?

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      I just checked in a revised nethack.mk, it builds for all optware
      platforms now. The ipk should be in the feed next time autobuild runs.

      I tested it by running nethack under root on slugosbe, not familar
      with the game (I know I missed a lot of the fun), it seems to work.

      Under normal user, there's some folder permission problem that needs
      to be ironed out later.

      Cheers,

      -Brian

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "pq274304" <mike@...> wrote:

      > Morning All,
      >
      > Does anyone know where/how to install NetHack.
      >
      > I don't really need it, i was just a bit bored and looking for things
      > to install and noticed that on the wiki - with instructions - but i
      > can't see a package for it anywhere?
      >
      > The wiki page is here:
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Nethack
      >
      > Thanks.

    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
        On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 18:01 +0000, Brian Zhou wrote:

        > Under normal user, there's some folder permission problem that needs
        > to be ironed out later.

        I changed the files and directories to read/write for everyone.

        So you can play the game as normal user (and cheat as well)!

        A better solution is to create a group (e.g. games) and make
        the program sgid games.

        But adding groups to the slug has it's own problems.

        --
        marceln
      • Marcel Nijenhof
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
          On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 10:34 +0000, pq274304 wrote:
          > Thanks for the replies.
          >
          > So when does the ipkg next autobuild run?

          It already has!

          http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/nethack_3.4.3-3_armeb.ipk

          --
          marceln