Re: Unslung -> OpenSlug (dnsmasq dies)

  • dazealex
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
      I have added a swapfile (32MB), and am noticing no more dnsmasq
      crashes. So this was definitely the solution. I am still curious why
      the LEDs are not working?

      Daze

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "dazealex" <fyjunk@...> wrote:
      > - No DISK 1 or DISK 2 lights (There is a 2GB flash drive in DISK 2,
      > and a 180GB drive in DISK 1)
      > - dnsmasq runs fine for a little while but unexpectedly quits
      >
      > Can anyone tell me how I can troubleshoot those two items? First is
      > mostly an annoyance, but the second item is important to resolve. I
      > don't see any log files /var/log.
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
        dazealex wrote:
        > I have added a swapfile (32MB), and am noticing no more dnsmasq
        > crashes. So this was definitely the solution. I am still curious why
        > the LEDs are not working?

        Because Linksys had special code in the scsi driver which programmed the
        leds according to disk insertion and removal. This code is specific to
        the 2.4 kernel.

        There is no such code in the 2.6 kernel, and no-one has taken the time
        to write such code yet.

        There is also not a good description of what such code should do in the
        face of multiple drives behind usb hubs on both ports ...

        -- Rod