Re: [nslu2-general] NetHack?

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 11:09 +0000, pq274304 wrote:
      > I don't really need it, i was just a bit bored and looking for things
      > to install and noticed that on the wiki - with instructions - but i
      > can't see a package for it anywhere?

      PACKAGES_THAT_NEED_TO_BE_FIXED = nethack

      --
      marceln
    • Brian Zhou
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
        I just checked in a revised nethack.mk, it builds for all optware
        platforms now. The ipk should be in the feed next time autobuild runs.

        I tested it by running nethack under root on slugosbe, not familar
        with the game (I know I missed a lot of the fun), it seems to work.

        Under normal user, there's some folder permission problem that needs
        to be ironed out later.

        Cheers,

        -Brian

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "pq274304" <mike@...> wrote:

        > Morning All,
        >
        > Does anyone know where/how to install NetHack.
        >
        > I don't really need it, i was just a bit bored and looking for things
        > to install and noticed that on the wiki - with instructions - but i
        > can't see a package for it anywhere?
        >
        > The wiki page is here:
        > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Nethack
        >
        > Thanks.

      • Marcel Nijenhof
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
          On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 18:01 +0000, Brian Zhou wrote:

          > Under normal user, there's some folder permission problem that needs
          > to be ironed out later.

          I changed the files and directories to read/write for everyone.

          So you can play the game as normal user (and cheat as well)!

          A better solution is to create a group (e.g. games) and make
          the program sgid games.

          But adding groups to the slug has it's own problems.

          --
          marceln
        • Marcel Nijenhof
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
            On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 10:34 +0000, pq274304 wrote:
            > Thanks for the replies.
            >
            > So when does the ipkg next autobuild run?

            It already has!

            http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/nethack_3.4.3-3_armeb.ipk

            --
            marceln