Unslung -> OpenSlug (dnsmasq dies)

  • dazealex
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2006
      Hi guys,

      I've been using Unslung for over two years now, I guess. It has worked
      great, and an essential part of my home network. I decided to take the
      plunge into OpenSlug 3.10-beta since I had gotten better with Linux.
      All is working fine, except:

      - No DISK 1 or DISK 2 lights (There is a 2GB flash drive in DISK 2,
      and a 180GB drive in DISK 1)
      - dnsmasq runs fine for a little while but unexpectedly quits

      Can anyone tell me how I can troubleshoot those two items? First is
      mostly an annoyance, but the second item is important to resolve. I
      don't see any log files /var/log.

      Please advise,

      Thanks.

      Daze
    • dazealex
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
        I have added a swapfile (32MB), and am noticing no more dnsmasq
        crashes. So this was definitely the solution. I am still curious why
        the LEDs are not working?

        Daze

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "dazealex" <fyjunk@...> wrote:
        > - No DISK 1 or DISK 2 lights (There is a 2GB flash drive in DISK 2,
        > and a 180GB drive in DISK 1)
        > - dnsmasq runs fine for a little while but unexpectedly quits
        >
        > Can anyone tell me how I can troubleshoot those two items? First is
        > mostly an annoyance, but the second item is important to resolve. I
        > don't see any log files /var/log.
      • Rod Whitby
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
          dazealex wrote:
          > I have added a swapfile (32MB), and am noticing no more dnsmasq
          > crashes. So this was definitely the solution. I am still curious why
          > the LEDs are not working?

          Because Linksys had special code in the scsi driver which programmed the
          leds according to disk insertion and removal. This code is specific to
          the 2.4 kernel.

          There is no such code in the 2.6 kernel, and no-one has taken the time
          to write such code yet.

          There is also not a good description of what such code should do in the
          face of multiple drives behind usb hubs on both ports ...

          -- Rod