Re: [nslu2-general] bestway to setup nslu2?

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2006
      On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 21:14 +0000, Beau wrote:

      > Hi all i am new here I have a 400gb usb drive
      > that i went to in to 3 drives so i can backup 3 pcs they all are xp
      > home sp 2 i wood like to use the nlsu2 to put the dives on my network
      > here is were i need advice
      > 1 if i need to restore a computer from the drive on the nslu2 how woul
      > i do it ?

      Probably the easiest way is to use a image program (e.g. ghost)
      and let them write the images to a share. You could share the 400 GB
      disk as one share with samba.

      > 2 what firmware should i use

      One that supports samba and is easy to maintain.

      Probably you could use the standard linksys firmware for this
      but unslung add some extra features.

      I wouldn't recommend openslug or debian slug unless you have
      linux experience.

      > 3 i also like to set it up as a time server

      There is a full "ntp" implementation for unslung.
      Just install ntp (not ntpclient) on unslung and tell your
      windows pc's to use that ntp server.

      --
      marceln