Re: [nslu2-general] top Failure after upgrading to unslung 3.17

  • Gerald L. Clark
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
      Gilles Cadrin wrote:

      > Hi gang
      > When trying to run top, since upgrading to unslung 3.17 , I'm getting the
      > following error
      >
      > root@NAS:~ > top
      >
      > top: error while loading shared libraries: libproc-3.2.3.so: cannot open
      > shared
      >
      > object file: No such file or directory
      > Here is my environment variables
      > HISTFILE='/root/.ash_history'
      > HOME='/root'
      > IFS=''
      > LIBPATH='/lib:/opt/lib:'
      LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/opt/lib
      > LOGNAME='root'
      > MAIL='/var/spool/mail/root'
      > OPTIND='1'
      > PATH='/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:.:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:'
      > PPID='625'
      > PS1='\[\033[1;33m\]\u@\h\[\033[0;37m\]:\w > '
      > PS2='> '
      > PS4='+ '
      > PWD='/root'
      > SHELL='/opt/bin/sh'
      > TERM='xterm-pcolor'
      > TERMINFO='/opt/lib/terminfo'
      > USER='root'
      > Have anyone else seen this ?
      > Tia
      > Gilles Cadrin
    • Gilles Cadrin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
        Thanks

        II worked ..

        _____

        > When trying to run top, since upgrading to unslung 3.17 , I'm getting the
        > following error
        >
        > root@NAS:~ > top
        >
        > top: error while loading shared libraries: libproc-3.2.3.so: cannot open
        > shared
        >
        > object file: No such file or directory
        > Here is my environment variables
        > HISTFILE='/root/.ash_history'
        > HOME='/root'
        > IFS=''
        > LIBPATH='/lib:/opt/lib:'
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/opt/lib
        > LOGNAME='root'
        > MAIL='/var/spool/mail/root'
        > OPTIND='1'
        > PATH='/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:.:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:'
        > PPID='625'
        > PS1='\[\033[1;33m\]\u@\h\[\033[0;37m\]:\w > '
        > PS2='> '
        > PS4='+ '
        > PWD='/root'
        > SHELL='/opt/bin/sh'
        > TERM='xterm-pcolor'
        > TERMINFO='/opt/lib/terminfo'
        > USER='root'
        > Have anyone else seen this ?
        > Tia
        > Gilles Cadrin

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Rod Whitby
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
          On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:11:47 -0600, Gerald L. Clark
          <gerald_clark@...> wrote:
          > Gilles Cadrin wrote:
          > > When trying to run top, since upgrading to unslung 3.17 , I'm getting the
          > > following error
          > > top: error while loading shared libraries: libproc-3.2.3.so: cannot open
          > > shared
          > > Here is my environment variables
          > > LIBPATH='/lib:/opt/lib:'
          > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/opt/lib

          Unslung packages should never require any environment variables to be
          set to find libraries. Any that do should be fixed to use the
          link-time options which set it to search /opt/lib in the ELF binary
          format.

          -- Rod