RE: [nslu2-general] Re: Availability of apcupsd as an unslung or openslug ipkg package?

  • Rainer Minixhofer
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
      Dear Brian, Dear Zander,

      thanks for the info, I was already trying to do a package by myself with the
      unslung target of the cross-dev. However I did a distclean by mistake and
      now I have troubles to even build the standard unslung! Anyhow, regards
      dependencies of apcupsd there has to be the hid and the hiddev module
      enabled in the kernel defconf file, to enable the functionality of the usb
      communication between the slug and the APC (I use an Back-UPS CS 350).
      This adds an dependency on these modules to the apcupsd.mk file.
      Furthermore I suceeded in compile the whole apcupsd source on my "previous"
      cross-compile environment (which seems to be broken now). The only tricky
      thing was to disable the check for the ranlib path with "ac_cv_path_RANLIB=." in
      the configure statement in the .mk file. I hope this does not break the overall
      ipkg file, but I was not able to generate the ipkg, so I could not test it.
      Furthermore I do not have an idea how to supply an working shutdown
      command on the slug. This is an problem in compiling the apcupsd natively too.
      Any comments?

      Cheers,

      Rainer

      Brian Zhou <b88zhou@...> schrieb: I'm new to openembedded as well and am partial to Makefile. This is
      the best resource IMO regarding bitbake:

      http://www.openembedded.info/wiki/Bitbake_recipes

      -Brian