Re: [nslu2-general] cannot swapon /dev/sda2

  • Laurent Gilson
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hello,

      Another test is swapon -s:

      -s Display swap usage summary by device. Equivalent to "cat
      /proc/swaps".

      or "cat /proc/mounts" (that is based on the kernel-data and not mtab. mtab
      may be wrong)

      cu
    • janne5011
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
        Oh your fast I deleted it becuse it got wrong wrapped=).
        Output from swapon -s:
        used 35 <----- it never goes over it
        size 200804
        partition 200804
        priority -1

        and then
        -sh: /dev/sda2: Permission denied

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)"
        <mwester@...> wrote:

        > > ... but it has only needed to use
        > > 36MB of that space.
        >
        > Of course, that *should* read 36KB, not 36MB. Sorry!
        >
        > Mike (mwester)

      • janne5011
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
          here is what cat /proc/mounts says:

          root@oldslug:~# cat /proc/mounts
          rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
          /dev/root /initrd jffs2 ro 0 0
          /dev/sda1 / ext3 rw,noatime,data=ordered 0 0
          proc /proc proc rw 0 0
          sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
          /dev/sda1 /dev/.static/dev ext3 rw,noatime,data=ordered 0 0
          tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
          /dev/sda3 /media/sda3 ext3 rw,sync,data=ordered 0 0
          tmpfs /media/ram tmpfs rw 0 0
          usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
          devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
          root@oldslug:~#