Re: [nslu2-general] Re: cannot swapon /dev/sda2

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
      > ... but it has only needed to use
      > 36MB of that space.

      Of course, that *should* read 36KB, not 36MB. Sorry!

      Mike (mwester)
    • Laurent Gilson
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
        Hello,

        Another test is swapon -s:

        -s Display swap usage summary by device. Equivalent to "cat
        /proc/swaps".

        or "cat /proc/mounts" (that is based on the kernel-data and not mtab. mtab
        may be wrong)

        cu
      • janne5011
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
          Oh your fast I deleted it becuse it got wrong wrapped=).
          Output from swapon -s:
          used 35 <----- it never goes over it
          size 200804
          partition 200804
          priority -1

          and then
          -sh: /dev/sda2: Permission denied

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)"
          <mwester@...> wrote:

          > > ... but it has only needed to use
          > > 36MB of that space.
          >
          > Of course, that *should* read 36KB, not 36MB. Sorry!
          >
          > Mike (mwester)

        • janne5011
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
            here is what cat /proc/mounts says:

            root@oldslug:~# cat /proc/mounts
            rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
            /dev/root /initrd jffs2 ro 0 0
            /dev/sda1 / ext3 rw,noatime,data=ordered 0 0
            proc /proc proc rw 0 0
            sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
            /dev/sda1 /dev/.static/dev ext3 rw,noatime,data=ordered 0 0
            tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
            /dev/sda3 /media/sda3 ext3 rw,sync,data=ordered 0 0
            tmpfs /media/ram tmpfs rw 0 0
            usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
            devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
            root@oldslug:~#