Re: [nslu2-general] Re: cannot swapon /dev/sda2

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
      > ... but it has only needed to use
      > 36MB of that space.

      Of course, that *should* read 36KB, not 36MB. Sorry!

      Mike (mwester)
    • Laurent Gilson
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
        Hello,

        Another test is swapon -s:

        -s Display swap usage summary by device. Equivalent to "cat
        /proc/swaps".

        or "cat /proc/mounts" (that is based on the kernel-data and not mtab. mtab
        may be wrong)

        cu
      • Phil Endecott
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
          > swapon: /dev/sda2: Device or resource busy

          Maybe you are already swapping on it. What does "swapon -s" say?

          Otherwise, the best way to diagnose "Device or resource busy" is the
          lsof program.

          Phil.
        • janne5011
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
            Oh your fast I deleted it becuse it got wrong wrapped=).
            Output from swapon -s:
            used 35 <----- it never goes over it
            size 200804
            partition 200804
            priority -1

            and then
            -sh: /dev/sda2: Permission denied

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)"
            <mwester@...> wrote:

            > > ... but it has only needed to use
            > > 36MB of that space.
            >
            > Of course, that *should* read 36KB, not 36MB. Sorry!
            >
            > Mike (mwester)

          • janne5011
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2006
              here is what cat /proc/mounts says:

              root@oldslug:~# cat /proc/mounts
              rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
              /dev/root /initrd jffs2 ro 0 0
              /dev/sda1 / ext3 rw,noatime,data=ordered 0 0
              proc /proc proc rw 0 0
              sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
              /dev/sda1 /dev/.static/dev ext3 rw,noatime,data=ordered 0 0
              tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
              /dev/sda3 /media/sda3 ext3 rw,sync,data=ordered 0 0
              tmpfs /media/ram tmpfs rw 0 0
              usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
              devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
              root@oldslug:~#