Want to make dedicated LCDproc server.

  • coder_96
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
      I want to make dedicated LCDproc server.

      I currently have a Crystalfontz 634 Serial LCD. Working off a linux
      box. I'm looking at the NSLU2 because of it's size and low heat.

      I'm dealing with a serial port so will a standard usb to serial work.
      Or will I need to add a serial port?

      I've looked at the wiki at the hardware mods. It looks like if I need
      to add a serial port I can.

      If anyone has any suggestions.
      thanks

      Jason
    • Phil Endecott
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
        > I want to make dedicated LCDproc server.
        >
        > I currently have a Crystalfontz 634 Serial LCD. Working off a linux
        > box. I'm looking at the NSLU2 because of it's size and low heat.
        >
        > I'm dealing with a serial port so will a standard usb to serial work.

        Yes, almost certainly.

        Phil.
      • coder_96
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
          That sounds promising. Anyone have a sugestion on witch frimware to use?
          Do I need a thum drive?