Unslinging goes wrong at step 5 under 'Unslinging Details' in Unslung-6.8 readme

  • Martin Engdahl
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      Hey guys!
      Ive been reading all night, but i can solve this problem. Anyone out
      there that can help?

      http://pastebin.ca/262857 for all the details (thanks Texture and
      rwhitby in #nslu2-general for helping a noob)

      /martin
    • janne5011
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
        well Martin it states:
        "Error: /share/flash/data does not appear to have been formatted by
        the
        Linksys formatting utility. Please go to the web interface,
        and format the drive before unslinging."

        If format dont help try this group:
        That group is for such problems as yours.

        Thanks /J

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Engdahl"
        <martins.lotto@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys!
        > Ive been reading all night, but i can solve this problem. Anyone out
        > there that can help?
        >
        > http://pastebin.ca/262857 for all the details (thanks Texture and
        > rwhitby in #nslu2-general for helping a noob)
        >
        > /martin

      • Martin Engdahl
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
          Thanks for the answer!
          I tried to format it several times, but it didnt help. In the end it turned
          out that I had to remount the drive to get it to work, and that the
          read/write permissions were borked as well. As I am a linux noob I can not
          really tell exactly what we did, I got some great help from mwester in
          #nslu2-general :)
          Thanks again for your answer!