Extended Error 123

  • dnaman43
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
      I'm trying to set up a dos boot with network access so that I can
      backup my systems to a nslu2 device using Ghost. After some
      initial difficulties I now have the setup booting correctly and
      mapping the nslu2 share to a drive letter.

      I can change to that drive letter, I can change directories on the
      share and I can copy files to the share. However, when I do a DIR on
      the share or its subdirectories I get no listing. All I get is:

      Volume in drive X has no label
      Extended Error 123

      I've been searching both google and ms support to determine what this
      error code means but can find no information. Any help would be most
      appreciated.
    • theoarends
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2005
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "dnaman43" <oftenbark@h...>
        wrote:

        > I'm trying to set up a dos boot with network access so that I can
        > backup my systems to a nslu2 device using Ghost. After some
        > initial difficulties I now have the setup booting correctly and
        > mapping the nslu2 share to a drive letter.
        >
        > I can change to that drive letter, I can change directories on the
        > share and I can copy files to the share. However, when I do a DIR
        on
        > the share or its subdirectories I get no listing. All I get is:
        >
        > Volume in drive X has no label
        > Extended Error 123
        >
        > I've been searching both google and ms support to determine what
        this
        > error code means but can find no information. Any help would be
        most
        > appreciated.

        I have the same problem. Did you manage to resolve the problem yet?