hard drive not recognised after formatting on slug

  • boardwize
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2006
      After formatting a 2nd hard disk using the slug and rebooting, the
      device is no longer being recognised properly. The following is
      dmesg output.
      The drive can not be mounted manually. Other usb drives are being
      detected and mounted correctly.
      My second drive is identical to my 1st - could this be causing the
      problem??

      What does "devfs_do_symlink(disc0): could not append to parent,
      err: -17
      " mean!
      Cheers

      hub.c: new USB device 00:01.2-2, assigned address 10
      Device descriptor:8 bytes received.
      Device descriptor:18 bytes received.
      Protocol: Transparent SCSI
      *** detect:usb-storage
      * scsi_register: usb-storage-8,
      * scsi_reg, hostno:0 prot is 50
      * scsi_reg, retval->host_no:0
      ! scan_scsis
      do read capacity!!!
      read capacity ok!!!
      The capacity is 625142448
      *** 50
      Vendor: WDC WD32 Model: 00SB-01KMA0 Rev: 0000
      Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
      devfs_do_symlink(disc0): could not append to parent, err: -17
      WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
      USB Mass Storage device found at 10