Accessing second instance of thttpd from the web

  • petersab78
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2006

      I've setup a second instance of the Thttpd web server on my NSLU2 and
      I've got the familiar problem of not being able to access it outside
      my home network. I get a Gateway timeout error (504). I set it up
      using these instructions (http://www.nslu2-
      linux.org/wiki/HowTo/UseTheThttpdWebserver), using the existing
      version of thttpd on the slug.

      Now... I've set it to port 8087. I've set my router (Netgear WGU624)
      to forward the port (8087) to the NSLU2, along with the FTP port
      (21). I can access the FTP server I setup from the web no problems.
      The slug admin page is on port 8080, which I tried forwarding through
      my router, and I could access that through the web.

      So it appears that it's something to do with the thttpd config.
      Here's my config file settings:

      # This section overrides defaults
      dir=/website
      nochroot
      nosymlink
      user=root# default = nobody
      logfile=/var/log/webthttpd.log
      pidfile=/var/run/webthttpd.pid
      cgipat=**.cgi
      # This section _documents_ defaults in effect
      port=8087
      # nosymlink# default = !chroot
      # novhost
      # nocgipat
      # nothrottles
      # host=0.0.0.0
      # charset=iso-8859-1

      Any ideas? Should I install a new version of thttpd and try that?
      I've read the version of the slug is a version modified by Linksys.

      Peter S