Spinning down a Seagate Drive

  • goood4spam
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2004
      Hello, I installed 2 Seagate drives in my newly acquired NSLU2. One
      is 400Gb and the other is 200Gb. Then I realized the drives where
      spinning non stop...after a little research I found the hdparm -B
      trick, but after mounting the drive in a linux box, hdparm -B 1 was
      not recognized by the drive.
      I contacted Seagate and they said that the spindown should be
      configured in the OS, there is no way of setting it on the Hard
      Drive.

      Anybody has been able to set a spin down on a Seagate?
      Any ideas appreciated....

      Thanks,
      FDV.