postfix: unknown group name: maildrop

  • bruceleetokyo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
      I installed the postfix package and it works fine until I reboot the
      slug. After the reboot it appears the maildrop group has vanished.

      Nov 5 14:56:06 nslu2 postfix/sendmail[2490]: fatal:
      file /opt/etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter setgid_group: unknown group
      name: maildrop

      I want to run the following commands to restore the maildrop group but
      it appears the groupadd and useradd commands are not avaliable on the
      system. What pkg do I need to install in order to use these commands.

      #groupadd postdrop -g 1001 (as root)
      #useradd postfix -u 1001 -g 1001 (as root)

      Has anyone experienced this with postfix on the nslu2.

      Thanks
    • Bob Cox
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
        In article <eijomj+l9p4@...>,
        bruceleetokyo <hattori.hanzo@...> wrote:

        > I installed the postfix package and it works fine until I reboot the
        > slug. After the reboot it appears the maildrop group has vanished.
        >
        > Nov 5 14:56:06 nslu2 postfix/sendmail[2490]: fatal:
        > file /opt/etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter setgid_group: unknown group
        > name: maildrop
        >
        > I want to run the following commands to restore the maildrop group but
        > it appears the groupadd and useradd commands are not avaliable on the
        > system. What pkg do I need to install in order to use these commands.
        >
        > #groupadd postdrop -g 1001 (as root)
        > #useradd postfix -u 1001 -g 1001 (as root)

        It might be worth checking first to see if you already have the very
        similar adduser and addgroup commands available.

        http://pippin.co.uk/
      • hattori.hanzo@mac.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006